Tuesday, March 16, 2010

What paint color to go with Brown chocolate furniture in a small apartment?

Hi. I need your help. I am moving out from my tiny studio to a small one bedroom apartment, same building. While all the units are painted off white, I would like to add some color and life to the wall. I did a lot of research and had wonderful ideas but I guess because the landlord is paying and doing the work, I don't want to push it ask too much by having different colors in every room. So I need your help to define a color that could go in every room. Keep in mind that the rooms are quite small. My living room furniture are a very dark brown. I am thinking a nacre white to make the living room look bigger with maybe a wall or two color taupe. But what type of taupe? Then I would accessorize with maybe green cushions and vases or frames etc...( spring meadow green type of color from B.Moore but for objects). As for the bedroom I wanted to accessorize with a lila color or a dark purple. Should I keep the bedroom white nacre or can I add a Taupe wall? Furniture is dark wood.Thank you!What paint color to go with Brown chocolate furniture in a small apartment?
As an interior decorator, I like your idea of taupe, but make it more like a ';weak glass of chocolate milk color'; then, as you said you liked the green for accent items, why not do am accent wall in that color in that room. ANYONE can paint a single wall easily and inexpensively, so you could do that after the landlord has his crew do the basic color. Since it's a small space I'd also suggest a lot of pillows for that chocolate couch using that green accent color and if possible, some more multi-colored ones that have just a bit of that accent color mixed with others. Sometimes people think too many pillows in a small studio is a NO. I don't agree. If it's small, you want it to look INTENTIONALLY cozy, as if that was the look you were going for. A lot of colorful pillows will not only brighten but look very inviting and cozy. Same light chocolate wall color in the bedroom but then add your lilac accent wall and some pillows. To pull it ALL together, it may take some searching, but try to find accent pillows for BOTH rooms that each have one common color, at least in a band of color or in the actual print. That way, everything flows but you still have your color. Have fun no matter what you decide!What paint color to go with Brown chocolate furniture in a small apartment?
W/O me knowing exact couch color, try this- Match a BM paint chip/ card to your couch color as closely as possible, then go several shades lighter on same card for wall color. If couch say, BM 2096-10, try walls of 2096-40 or 50, depending upon natural light available.

Report Abuse



I would paint the walls a light blue. There are several blue and brown combinations in the interior decorating world. I've seen it in comforters and in pictures and it looks great. You can go to hgtv.com and look at some finished products.
Brown is a neutral colour so everything goes well with it , I like the Robin egg colour with brown and Ivory not white, keep it warm!
I would use teal blue or teal green to offset the dark furniture, It would look fantastic.
maybe a tan color
  • eyeshadow brush
  • No comments:

    Post a Comment