Saturday, March 13, 2010

Can I spray paint the soft-top of my Z4 convertible to make it a color I want?

So I have this 2003 BMW Z4 and the soft-top part is a creamy brown color, and the car is black. I was wondering if I spray painted the soft-top black would it be okay? would the spray paint run when rain/snow hits it? would it be fine for the future? Can you guys let me know if its a good idea?Can I spray paint the soft-top of my Z4 convertible to make it a color I want?
Maybe you should just look into ordering a black soft top and having it installed and simply selling your brown soft top so that you can make some of the money back. . . .








Or you can order a color matching Hard top and suffice for having the top matching when you have the hard top on. . .





ANY way you cut it altering the color of your original top will end up to a messy and poor looking assassination of your ultimate driving machine. . .Can I spray paint the soft-top of my Z4 convertible to make it a color I want?
Get the professionals in............... its easy enough to paint but when the roof is down it folds and creases hence the paint you apply will crack and peel. If you was to dye the roof then it might run in the rain or even look patchy
Honestly... a $40 car destroyed for $4 of spray paint. Follow wisdumbs advice. Don't paint or dye it... they will all chip/fade/look bad! Good used soft tops will start at about $750 plus shipping and go up.
I would without doubt take it to a professional upholster, it would probably need to be dyed, but with a high quality waterproof dye.
you used to get plastic interior/vinyl paint a few years back..it was excellent stuff....but you cant use normal car paint as it will come off instantly
seems like spray paint would chip if used on soft fabric. maybe some kind of fabric dye?

No comments:

Post a Comment