Saturday, March 13, 2010

What paint color for my dining room?

My dining room has bright royal blue carpeting. A dark wood ceiling and darker trim. One wall has a red brick fireplace that spans the whole wall (no paint on that wall). Another wall has a 12 ft.bay window with three cut out type windows on top (forgot to mention that the dining room ceiling is slanted and goes up to a cathedral height on one end.) The opposite wall of the fireplace has a glass sliding door and the wall opposite of the bay window is a big opening into the kitchen. So there really isn't a lot of ';wall'; to paint but I need something to compliment the room but not make the carpeting look obnoxious. I would like something beautiful but cozy. I also need ideas on the window treatments. I prefer valances/swags but need ideas of colors / patternsWhat paint color for my dining room?
Paint it the same color as your kitchen.


A fabric cornice across the bay window.


http://www.target.com/Fabric-Covered-Cor鈥?/a>What paint color for my dining room?
I would go with a lighter blue wall with white trim and white window treatments, I think it would look nice.

No comments:

Post a Comment