Tuesday, March 16, 2010

What paint color matches smoke stains?

I know that's a weird question, but the people who used to live in our house smoked. We have lived here for almost 4 years now and don't plan on moving anytime soon. I asked the landlord last month if I could paint, with me doing the painting and paying for the supplies, and she told me no! I can't stand these walls and ceilings any more! But I can't use bright white paint because then she will know that I painted. So does anyone know a color that's close to tar stained white?What paint color matches smoke stains?
Dingy #4.What paint color matches smoke stains?
If you are not painting the home/apartment a color, and just going to use white, there should be no reason that the landlord won't let you paint. It is an improvement for him with no out of pocket cost. I would pitch it to him that way. If not, call an attorney, he may not be able to keep you from painting it. When I lived in my apartment, I could have painted it a plaid if I wanted, it just had to be back to the original white before I left.
I am a smoker. I recently moved. When I took the pictures off of the walls the walls were white behing them but everything else was dingy brown. I was embarassed. You need to paint with two coats. It is in the best interest of the landlord to have you or he/she to have it done. If the landlord is the owner you are just own your own but if the landlord is just the Manager go over his/her head.
Try ';classic ivory'; (# 0051) by Sherwin Williams.


http://www.sherwin.com/visualizer/
Just wipe it down with an ammonia based cleaner. Cheaper than paint.
Beige or a cream color
light yellow or beige

No comments:

Post a Comment