Thursday, March 11, 2010

Paint color in remodeled dining room.?

We recently removed knotty pine from the one of 4 walls in our dining room and replaced it with drywall. The stained knotty pine made the room look dark. Now that its all gone, we will be painting.


My dining room had a regular hutch, corner hutch and table in dark oak. This is also where I keep/hang/display all my Longaberger baskets. My curtains are beige with a burgundy and light brown stripe. I dont want to base it on the curtains as they can be replaced.





Whats a nice color to that isnt too dark?Paint color in remodeled dining room.?
an attractive beige or yellow, golden tone, or butter maybe nice. Visualize a natural like tone that reflects sunlight. Something pleasant to go with the baskets and wood furniture you have. Take the color of the baskets and furniture to a paint place and see what goes.Paint color in remodeled dining room.?
I had to look up Longaberger Baskets. I hadn't heard of them. So if you want a color to bring out the baskets, maybe a sage, beiges, taupes, caramels. Suggestions. Get some paint swatches and put them with your baskets and next to your hutch. Hope this helps. Enjoy!! Roxanne
We just repainted our dinning room a very light blue. It works well with all the wood we have and keeps the room light and not small feeling.

No comments:

Post a Comment