Saturday, March 13, 2010

I am doing a movie room with movie posters and movie quotes on the walls. So what color do i paint my room?

gold and black, with red and purple accents


http://mariesmanordecorating.com/hollywo鈥?/a>I am doing a movie room with movie posters and movie quotes on the walls. So what color do i paint my room?
I agree that the walls should be a dark color- such as red or forest green.I am doing a movie room with movie posters and movie quotes on the walls. So what color do i paint my room?
I would go with a flat black or dull colors. If you go with bright colors or gloss/semi gloss, the reflections from the TV will make it too bright and distract you from the show.
If you have already collected the posters, look for a similar color in all of them. If not you may want to do a search of the movies you want to use and find the color palate.





Red is a common color in posters.





Have fun and good luck, I am very envious.
I would say go with black paint on the walls. It will add to the ';movie theater'; ambiance.
My son did a movie room in his house. He painted the walls black. If you are going to frame your posters, get frames that too big for them and put a colored (your choice of colors) edging around the posters. Get some pillows the color of the edging. Very pretty.
I suggest red... much of the movie posters will have black backgrounds... they will look really nice against a red wall.
i would think stay with a neutal color like off white or beige and let the posters do the talking
Red is always a good background color for prints and posters.
Are you going to be actually watching movies in the room? Black is definitely the way to go if you are. If not, then choose a deep bright color that will pop between the posters and quotes.
Gold! Show off those posters with an Oscar colour. :-)
  • eyeshadow brush
  • No comments:

    Post a Comment