Tuesday, March 16, 2010

Help! paint color choice help desperately needed!!!?

I moved into a 30 yr old house, can not afford new counter tops at this time. Here are the colors I'm working with...yellow laminate counter tops on counters, bar and back splash and dark wood cabinets. I have 2 half walls with wainscoting below, wainscoting is painted cream. The kitchen only has one window and does not receive much light. I prefer lighter colors as opposed to darker hues.





Anyone??? Anything??? (what I really need is to win the lottery or at least a kitchen makeover!!!) Thank you :)Help! paint color choice help desperately needed!!!?
HAHAHAHA, I want to win the lotto too! But, There are a lot of way you can really spruce your options up. You say you have a yellow laminate counter? Try making that more elegant with some accessories (like bell peppers in a jar - buy at target or something, and some fake plants for depth on top of the kitchen cabinets if you have space!!!) for a wall color, do something rustic... maybe a bronzed/burnt orange color, or a terracotta red... nothing too bold or bright but more rustic. Add some gold accessories like gold framed wine bottle pics, modern or vintage kitchen pictures - im telling you, walmart and kmart have some amazing paintings/prints for a really GREAT price. No need to spend tons of money on great pictures. I bought a whole bunch of new frames and pics at kmart for less than 100$ total (decorated my entire kitchen and guest room - - ) amazing! I also used this handy little tool thingy I found: its a virtual room designer and it helped me find colros that would go with my kitchen. actually design your entire room online for free... kitchen bedroom bathroom etc. very fun to use and free!





I sure hope this helps a bit! try complimenting the yellow countertops with a themed color scheme - bold? rustic? modern? bright? flirty? girly? etc. !!!





I also image searched on google and found some great ideas from pictures there too!Help! paint color choice help desperately needed!!!?
Since everything is plain color you could choose a nice yellow print wallpaper. That would draw it all together and take the plain look away.

No comments:

Post a Comment