Thursday, March 11, 2010

Paint color for family room ??

My family room has hardwood floors,with a shaggy beige area rug, a white brick fireplace and mantle. Most of my furniture is black and my sectional is a dark sage color. One big chair is sage, beige and rust striped, just a little of the rust. Right now the walls are painted a lighter sage than the sectional, but it feels like there is too much green in there. Other than a sand or beige, which I may paint, what other colors would look good? Also, should I paint the white brick fireplace and mantle? If so, what color? I was thinking of black??Paint color for family room ??
I too am looking for a color to paint my living room...but talking about yours, I don't think I would go with a dark color,it always makes a room look smaller. Actually the sand or beige sounds about what I'd paint it.But then again if you do go with either of those colors the white fire place would diffentely have to be painted because that would be just to much of a light thing. Maybe the rust or a light green on the fire place would work. It sounds good to me.You sound as if you have a huge family room with all that furniture.About the mantle you might could leave it white and still get by with it looking great.I would love to hear how it looks when you're through with it. good luckPaint color for family room ??
play around with the Sherwin Williams color visualizer to find something that you like. It is the best paint visualizer on the web, imho. I like how their color palette is laid out, I like that you can search by color family %26amp; color name, the ';painted'; rooms look the most realistic, and it suggests coordinating color schemes. You can literally spend hours:


http://www.sherwin.com/visualizer/





I think a yellow like ';moonraker'; (# 6701) would look terrific with everything that you describe.





You can also take a photo of your house %26amp; upload it to the makeover gallery on this website:


http://www.roomvues.com/


You can get color suggestions %26amp; they'll photoshop them onto your room so that you can get an idea of what it will look like.
Hi, we are going to be painting our living room, dinning room and kitchen the end of July. I have been looking over paint colors for a month now. I like the earth tones they seem to warm up a room. Our livimg room furniture is the beige, rust colors, so we are going with the lighter sage color for the living room walls.


I think your fireplace would really stand out painted ';Smokey Hazlnut'; and the walls ';Sunset Curtains'; both of these colors are sold at Lowes. You can even look them up on line, they would really look good with your colors in your furniture. And will warm up the whole room. As for the mantle, you could leave it white, or paint it a beige, soft black or the smokey hazlnut. I myself would go with soft black or beige if I did go with the smoky hazlnut for the fireplace. Good luck. Have a great summer %26amp; 4th of July.


DJ
I wouldn't paint the fireplace brick. I have never seen painted brick that looked good. Have you thought about a true green? It would contrast and yet co ordinate with the sage. I know you said you have too much green, but maybe you just have too much of the same shade of green. Green is a peaceful color, and suggested for rooms where you want to relax, so it's ideal for a family room.
I would paint the walls in a rust color to bring out the stripe in the chair and to compliment the other colors. I would paint the fireplace in the sand or beige color , the black might be too dark and the sage would be overkill I think.
Some type of warm honey dijon yellow would make the room feel warm and go with everything. The mantle would be nice in a dark chocolate brown. I agree with Yowza. The Sherwin Williams web site will let you experiment with colors.
i think color blue is fun coz it is my favorite color...

No comments:

Post a Comment