Saturday, March 13, 2010

I have CherryWood floors in my living room. What color should I paint my walls.?

There is also very little natural light. I'm so afraid of making the room look like a cave!I have CherryWood floors in my living room. What color should I paint my walls.?
Sand color is the new beige, its contemporary and looks stunning with a shade of mahogany/cherry.I have CherryWood floors in my living room. What color should I paint my walls.?
Wood flooring always adds a earthy feel to your home. If you don't want to go neutral, I suggest a creamy yellow, or light green. Stay in with the earth tones. You could also do a blue.. either light or a smokey blue. Not sky blue. Cherry wood as a pinkish tent to it so If you wanted to tie it up together, you could do a lovely peachish color. That would look gorgeous! I would keep the trim and molding white, along with the doors. Don't make your paint color depend on your flooring. Look at your personality, your furniture, your hobbies, and your favorite pieces of Art for ideas! You can always tie in the flooring with decor and a rug! I hope this helps!
With the floor color you probably want to stay with more neutral colors. Beige, cream, tan, something along those lines. Since you have little natural light, you might want to accessorize with some mirrors, lighting and a few pops of color around the room. This will give it a coziness. You could also place a lighter, wall coordinating room size rug in place to break up the dark space. Something with a subtle pattern or weave.


Good luck.
WOW BIEGE oh Biege and oh Biege?


Well WHAT color are your sofa's, what color do you like? Ok now see the colors in this rug if you like for example the gold or the green then that is how to choose what color also what is the most same color in your house like if you have alot of blue, green etc maybe try that I find that the furniture and your favorite colors can be put on walls even if it is RED. Just bring it out of that cave feeling with like the other colors in those rugs.





http://www.target.com/Swick-Woven-Rug-Du鈥?/a>





http://www.target.com/Swick-Woven-Rug-Du鈥?/a>








Now go create !
I have dark wood floors throughout my house and worry about the same thing. For most of the house, I use a warm cozy beige. Then I painted accent walls in key areas. The most important things I did, would be to keep the baseboards, trim, crown molding and ceilings an offwhite to keep things traditional and lighten up the rooms.





I hope that helps!
a light anything green,yellow,blue,peach
You can do just simple white, or beige, cream or tan
White or black would do! :)
I'd go with a light, creamy butter shade...not too yellow, but not beige either.

No comments:

Post a Comment